Stolen Steam Account

Discussion in 'Gaming, Consoles, and Computers' started by Ptylersworld, Jun 30, 2018.

1. Ptylersworld

Ptylersworld Member 4YA Trucking Hauls Winner

Yesterday, I found out my six-year-old Steam account has been hacked. They changed the password, phone number, and e-mail associated with the account, and completely locked me out of the account. I tried going through Steam, but their Tech Support is nonexistent. There's no phone number to call, no e-mail address to contact, and every link I click on sends me in a circle through the same three webpages. I'm at a complete loss for what to do. I don't even know if my computer is safe to be on, as there might be a keylogger that my antivirus might not have been able to find. My Steam account name is the same as the one that I use on i99. I must urge you not to try to contact him, as it may cause him to panic, and set everything to private, or worse. You can go over there to see what he's done though. He's changed the profile picture, changed the name to "Frank", and been through all my games, including the ones I never played. He's also been buying games and adding them to the account. What the hell am I going to do? What can I do? If anyone has any advice or any way to contact Steam, please do so as soon as possible. I can provide any information needed to help with the process. Please help!

mantasm98 and Fred like this.
  2. Greemx

Greemx You probably dislike/hate me

First off, hahahahahaha. Kinda funny and shit at the same time. Hopefully you'll get it back.
    Secondly, you've probably downloaded/done something dumb, which is how he has gotten access to your steam account. Kinda hard to have any sympathy for you. Glad to see the quality of VIPs are finally improving.

Try this: https://support.steampowered.com/kb...e463367c62a84812e85e1603fa&ref=2347-QDFN-4366
    I hope it will help.

Use Steam Guard on your next account. // Or on your old account if you can get it back. Good luck.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2018
  3. TheUltimateR2

TheUltimateR2 Put some hot sauce on my Burrito baby!

Contact Valve.

4. Ptylersworld

Ptylersworld Member 4YA Trucking Hauls Winner

Thank you for the link. I wasn't able to submit a help ticket, as the geniuses that designed Steam's webpage decided to make it so that you need to be logged in to submit a help ticket (which ironically, I can't do because my account is stolen, and which I need to do to get it back)! Is Valve seriously going to make me create a throwaway second account just to submit a help ticket? But then again, I'm not surprised, seeing as how this is the same company that decided that Tech Support was too hard to accomplish and that having none at all was a better compromise. My brother has reported the account as being stolen though, so hopefully that sets the gears of progress in motion.

Progress Update: I have gained control of my account back. As I said before, the policy to force you to have an extra account to contact for help is BS. That being said, when I did create a new account and submit a help ticket, they responded very quickly, and I got the account back the next day. So yeah, the situation is over. If anyone wants to hit me up on Steam with a friend request, my username is the same as the one I have here, just all lowercase.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2018