SUGGESTION Drive-by

Discussion in 'Bug Reports and Suggestions' started by Jennifer, Oct 21, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jennifer

Jennifer Player

I guess it`s the first time I am suggesting something, and what`s to be done about it is totally up to all of you. I thought I should post this since I am having a bit of difficulty which others could be having as well, and that there is a solution to it which I have come up with.

The area around /aa is a frequent dm spot for many people, as they try to increase their number of kills around that area. In fact, it is a more popular spot for dm than our very own dm zones, itself.

However, one thing I have observed is that while you are engaged in combat over there, people frequently drive-by since they know that they have no chances of winning on foot. And what`s surprising is that it`s a new fashion kind of thing, which was not that common before. At least I was not a victim of it.

Ramming is another problem, but the rules say that once someone is asked to stop ramming, he should stop it. There is no such rule for people who drive-by, though.

Point is, one should be able to dm around /aa without being a victim of that drive-by thing.
    Because:
    1) Drive-by is a cheap way of getting status.
    2) Someone else`s kill get stolen. You park your car in the middle of two people fighting, and you do your work? Shoot on both the sides, one after the other.
    3) Vehicles repair themselves, so only way to take the driver down is shooting him through the windows. And that is almost impossible, since he`ll park the car near you and kill you before you can even ready your aim. Plus it is really difficult to shoot a driver while the vehicle is in motion. And we all know how quick a drive-by is.
    4) Very important point to be noted, you can get killed if you are caught in a drive-by while purchasing weapons. Hence, players do not have the freedom to purchase weapons and get killed instantly.

The only solution I have thought of, is disabling that feature of a drive-by, at least around /aa.
    If someone attempts to do it, they`ll have some sort of punishment. Like, if someone tries to spawn kill, they are teleported somewhere. Similarly, if they try to drive-by (at least around /aa) a warning message appears on the screen and prevents them from doing so.

Another possible solution would be, allowing drive-by only if the auto repair of the vehicle is off.
    But, a major drawback of the second solution is that the person can easily spawn a new vehicle if his/her vehicle is damaged.

Any kinds of other solutions are acceptable, no need of mentioning that.
    All the above points, including the disadvantages of drive-by system, are totally collected from personal experience. Thanks! :D

Last edited: Oct 21, 2017
    spidey guy and Fasty like this.
  2. Fasty

Fasty doo doo 100k Club

Good topic, this is really annoying and not only for DMers but for people who are just going through the /v list or typing or doing other stuff and suddenly someone kills them before they can make a move. Maybe a good solution is to set the player's in-hand weapon to fists if they are holding a weapon that allows them to drive-by (just like the thing with shooting a deagle as a passenger)

Jennifer likes this.
  3. Fr3dFields

Fr3dFields Former MARS leader :pensive: 4YA Reaction Tests Winner

We could activate This and This. but it wouldn't say "while holding a flag" but instead it would say: "while in a drive-by mode" or something along those lines.

Last edited: Oct 21, 2017
    spidey guy and Jennifer like this.
  4. spidey guy

spidey guy Player

+1 from me :)

Jennifer likes this.
  5. Luna

Luna Best DMer

1. drive-by isn't cheap, if you're a DMer then taking out a car shouldn't be a problem.
    2. sucks getting your kill stolen but that's how it works. don't park in a middle of a fight, park in front of it and use your vehicle as cover.
    3.Vehicle shouldn't repair anymore once you drive-by. Drive-by isn't quick, the auto repair makes you think that way but taking out a vehicle is really easy.
    4. think of what to buy first then purchase the weapon, don't stare at the menu for a long period of time.

spidey guy likes this.
  6. Jennifer

Jennifer Player

1. It is definitely cheap, at least in my opinion. Why? Because, the driver knows that he cannot fight you on foot, and hence takes advantage by protecting himself in a car. Sure, I am a DMer but not the "Best DMer" as you claim yourself to be. Not everyone is of the same caliber. Well, forget me. But other people, DMers or not, are facing the same problem like @Fasty mentioned above. Also, one of the things apart from auto repair which make taking out a car that difficult, are things like speedboost, flip, jump, etc.
    On our next meet, I`ll ask a friend to ram you and I`ll shoot :p Let`s see how easy of a task it is to take down a car.

2. By parking in the middle of a fight, I mean the person who is involved in the drive-by does it. Suppose, A and B are fighting. The driver parks in the middle of both of them. Takes them out one by one. And using a vehicle for cover isn`t that easy, lol. Especially when you can get rammed.

3. As mentioned before, taking out a vehicle may be easy but it`s not because of features like speedboost, flip, auto repair, etc. Point to be added, try to sniper them or battle them and they either ram you or keep shooting you from their car.
    Also, suppose you even manage to drop the driver`s hp. What next? He uses /heal. Flies far away, spawns another car. And the cycle continues.

4. Obviously, my weapon set includes lot of sawn off ammo + a bit of deagle. And to purchase that, well, you need time. Not because you are thinking about it, but because you need to buy enough ammo. And by the time you do it, you`ll be in your grave.

All of this were from a DMer`s point of view. Think about a newbie cruising through all the commands, or the vehicle list. Even a regular player can sometimes type a message. And taking advantage of this situation, someone kills them from their car.

See, point is, it may be "easy" for you since you`re the "Best DMer" but it`s not easy for most of the people. DMer or not, this is a problem where light should be thrown on.
    And the fact that it`s next to impossible to battle a drive-by, adds up to the problem due to the inclusion of auto repair, speedboost, flip, etc.
    Thank you for your vote.

SPIDEY GUY 2 and Fasty like this.
  7. Luna

Luna Best DMer

1. you can easily still take out a vehicle, you have to be REALLY bad at the game to not be able to. i get rammed almost on a daily basis and easily dodge it. you're only going to leave vehicle repair on to try and prove me wrong but that'll only prove me right.
    2. parking in the middle of 2 people makes you an easy target, if one person can take out a vehicle 2 people can destroy it even quicker...
    3. i've seen people use /heal in a fight but i never really care enough since this isn't a pure DM server. i believe there should be some sort of cooldown after shooting or being shot at. but that's just my opinion.
    4. you're wrong on this part. you're either buying weapons in a populated area or you take too long and someone finds you. not once had someone killed me when buying weapons.

it's not a fact that going against drive-by is next to impossible.... you're just bad at the game and it's next to impossible for you. The only thing I agree on is having auto-repair turned off once you shoot from the vehicle since that's obviously unfair and abusing it. Drive-by is part of DM.

Cirko_Jr. likes this.
  8. Jennifer

Jennifer Player

1. Let`s just say that I am REALLY bad at DM, and all the people who supported me are bad at it as well. Let`s just say that you`re REALLY skilled and the obviously the "Best Dmer" out there. But you fail to understand, you`re not the only one playing here. Or at least we`re not that great as you are, as you claim yourself to be. No arguments on that.

2. Well, while doing the drive by, of course he`s going to have his vehicle in motion, like back and forth repeatedly and come in the way while one is engaged in combat with another person. Also, in most of the cases, both the driver and the guy kinda team up because they can`t take you down.

3. I`ve seen them use that. I myself use it once I`m done with a specific person, before starting a new combat with another one. See, neither do I mind the usage of /heal. But the combination of /heal + drive-by + auto repair activated, that`s not easy, at least for us.

4. Well, I`ve always been killed while purchasing weapons that too by a group, with 2-3 of them trying to drive-by. They target you specifically, to avenge their previous death. And keep trying to catch up with you through speedboost and stuff.

See, you kind of do fail to understand. Let`s just say I horribly suck at the game [might be true as well].
    But the whole point of this post, or major part of it if you say, is turning off auto-repair since it`s unfair.

And I`ll repeat it again as well, these were from a DMer`s point of view. Things from the newbie`s and free roamer`s point of view are another story.

9. Goku

Goku Puns, lots and lots of puns.

While this is an admirable suggestion, this is first and foremost a freeroam server. That comes with a caveat that people are allowed to do anything they want within the rules.
    Drive by isn't currently covered by the rules (except in one very specific case).
    Policing /aa further than it already is is beyond what the management would like in my experience.
    If you want an optimal dming experience you can use one of our many dm zones, where vehicle repair is turned off and weapons are free albeit more limited.
    /AA is an anything goes territory and as such dming there comes with risks, if you don't like them use a dming zone.

SPIDEY GUY 2 and Jennifer like this.
  10. Luna

Luna Best DMer

lol.. most of what you said was you making mistakes. you want the server to cater to your level, which isn't going to happen. Goku above has mostly said what i would say.

11. Jennifer

Jennifer Player

Well Luna, if at all I wanted the server to "Cater to my level" I`d have gone way beyond with selfish suggestions. Yes, I did make a mistake or two.
    But you fail to realise, that people who have supported the suggestion have felt that it was somewhere required as well.

As it goes for @Goku, well firstly I`d like to thank him for providing adequate explanation. @Luna, I appreciate that he said mostly what you`d say. But you know what?
    You didn`t say what he would say. He started off by admiring the suggestion, like few others did, and then pointed out that it has already been discussed before.
    He gave the right explanation with the right attitude.

You? Well, you mentioned at several points of the argument that i was "REALLY bad at the game".
    I want the server to be at it`s best, hence I even passed this suggestion. Because I`ve been there and I can imagine myself in the position of every other player.
    Someone has made an attempt to post a suggestion for the first time for the server`s good.

I`m gonna be straight forward here, sorry if I sound rude. I appreciate your point but I strictly do not appreciate the way you put it forward. Hope you understand.
    There`s a thin boundary between being firm and being rude, and you`ve sadly surpassed it.
    So at least according to me, I wouldn`t see how you actually meant what Goku was trying to say.

And for the people who found this suggestion admirable, thanks for receiving my suggestion in the kindest possible way :)

12. Luna

Luna Best DMer

It's quite obvious you don't like it when people disagree with you even with valid points. then you act hurt and say i'm rude lol... stop

you keep saying "but you fail to realize" no, you "fail to realize" that what you want isn't going to happen.

where does it say in the rules i have to suck up to the OP about a suggestion? i gave fair points from a DM perspective. quit sucking up to an admin.

good for you if you think that, but you're wanting to change /aa when it's a battlefield and you dying due to your mistake.

i'm not sorry you feel that way, it's the internet. learn to man up. i'm not here to be your friend or hold your hand and act like your parent. i've said why your suggestion wouldn't work and most of it was due to your mistakes in the middle of /aa. if you couldn't see it then it's clear you chose to ignore it.

have a nice day [​IMG]

13. Jennifer

Jennifer Player

Lol, if I`ve posted a suggestion, I have enough guts to agree/disagree depending on whether the person`s points are valid/invalid. And throughout the discussion, your main focus was to prove me as a REALLY bad DMer. So yeah, felt the need to defend. About getting hurt, nope. I prefer writing long to give valid reasons, than just give one word explanations to my point. About you being rude, well, no comments on that tbh XD. You yourself know how you are, so I`m basically no godmother to judge.

You still fail to realize.
    You know who`s sucking up to the administrators, below.

But....according to you I was trying to suck up to an admin soo.....it remains that way....since the "Best DMer" around here claims that :D
    I have all the right to make a suggestion, @Luna. And people have all the rights to vote on them. And I have all the right to counter/agree to their views.
    If you haven`t passed a suggestion, at least respect that someone else did recently. And there are people out there who think it was "admirable" even though let`s just say they said it for name sake, they know how to take a suggestion in a civilized manner.
    I have enough people to hold my hand :D I don`t need a parent either, at least not of the category you belong to :D For your content, I`ll admit it was my mistake :)
    Hope that makes you happy :3

Coming to the conclusion, since you yourself admit that it`s the internet, I am pretty sure my words don`t bother you.
    You have a good reputation around here, especially for taking potential drama making to a whole new level. And I`ve seen you comment on other threads as well and understood your category, especially to the extent where you are known to be rude and I can`t really help it, can I?
    Enjoy your time and have a nice day :3 I hope you`ll leave the thread already, as mentioned. Admin has passed his view, you have passed your vote.
    And most importantly, I know I can`t please such people.
    mankind.jpg Goodbye! Have a nice day! :D <3

Last edited: Oct 24, 2017
  14. Luna

Luna Best DMer

so you just admitted you'll shitpost instead of giving a valid counter.... sigh

you admitted you were really bad, what's there to defend? you just wanted to somehow make a post starting problems and going off-topic. it was civil until you started acting like a victim.

what?? [​IMG]

you basically said you rather put long posts than actually give a proper response.

stop taking everything so literal...

if going in a server, killing then leaving is taking potential drama to a whole new level, you don't know what drama is. i gave my input, you retaliated, you didn't like it, now making up stuff to try and hurt my so called "reputation" which i'm pretty sure is nonexistent here. still not sure how any of the posts is rude, i'm just straightforward, i don't like sugar-coating things. if i see a bad player, then they're bad.. what am i suppose to say? "honey it's ok you are good in your own way" lol

stop copying my end post

15. [i99]stephanie

[i99]stephanie 100k Club 100k Club Gold Account

very interesting comments from multiple people with suggestions, I will agree that disabling autorepair on vehicles when starting a driveby is a perfect idea (ofc my opinion only) would solve certain problems to the server.
    Reason I say this is coz ppl wait outside the spawn and kill newbies that have no idea how we run and then they leave

(For everyone here Luna has always been rude just get used to it. it kind of makes me laugh as he/she/shemale shitposts them selves lol)

SPIDEY GUY 2, Jennifer and mantasm98 like this.
  16. Luna

Luna Best DMer

if auto repair is on -> set weapon to fist while in car
    if off -> freely drive-by but cannot turn on auto-repair while in the vehicle, they have to get out and turn it on.

i fully believe auto-repair was meant for stunting and not drive-by'ing

no shitposts, stay ontopic

[i99]stephanie likes this.
  17. Jennifer

Jennifer Player

No, I admit that I`ll give long and valid explanations so that my point is clear :D "You don`t realize" that XD.
    If you pay a little attention to my words and the lines I have quoted, you`d have gotten that.
    No, I basically said that I`d give my proper response through a long post :)
    Stop putting everything which is made to look literal.
    If commenting on every post in an unkind manner to create chaos for fun and having known to be rude throughout the server doesn`t add up to being a drama maker, you don`t know what a drama is. I have no intentions of hurting your reputation. You`re straightforward, I adopted the same path :D
    Almost everyone knows you don`t like sugar-coating things, so you start bitter-coating them XD.
    If you see a bad player, then they`re bad. Yup. And I`ll put the same application into use for you, not as a player but as a person for sure :3
    And one more thing, honey it`s ok you are good in your own way :D
    Is this another new rule implemented, or is it counted as a shitpost as well? My comment, my choice :D
    Exactly what @Fasty said.
    Almost everyone except you does shitpost here, right? :3
    I honestly thought that was a farewell signal XD
    I apologize for that, Freddy :c

18. Luna

Luna Best DMer

they weren't. none were valid which only makes it long shit posts instead of proper arguments on why/why not the suggestion is good/bad

this absolutely made no sense at all.

reply #1

that's not on me lol, that's how you read it.

again, it's straightforward posts, i'm not sorry i didn't sugar-coat it to suit your taste. this basically proves your suggestion was made BECAUSE you didn't like what was going on in /aa.

this is obviously some troll post because you had nothing to counter it with. grow up and take some criticism on a suggestion. as i said i'm not here to be friends with you or anyone. i join, kill, leave. none of the 3 cause drama.

again, there is no "reputation" it's a freeroam/stunt server (however you see it). the 2nd sentence just contradicts with how you replied before

but you just said i was straightforward now it's bitter-coating? stick to 1

but that goes to what i said earlier, i'm not here to be friends with you or anyone in the server.

you're just repeating what i said but not sure why since it really isn't relevant to anything

what

so anyone disagreeing is shit posting? nice one. instead of attempting to counter everything i've said, give a proper argument. everything you have said was irrelevant. what does "reputation" (even though it's sa-mp in 2017..) has to do with this suggestion? so far you replied with shitty troll responses and have given nothing on why your suggestion SHOULD be added to the server. you're trying to make things personal which doesn't work with me. solve it in the server with a /duel not in forum posts. this is a suggestion thread and should be kept that way

19. Jennifer

Jennifer Player

Go through it once again. Maybe you`re being too adamant on watching things from another perspective? To the extent where you view my explanations as shitposts?
    Go through the debate once again, basically if you walk with the mindset that you`re right, it`s for sure that you won`t see the other side since you`re too determined to prove yourself. Applies to you very well.
    Poor you. Won`t invest my time in explanation, either. "But honey it`s ok you are good in your own way"
    reply #1
    That`s not on me lol, that`s how you frame it.
    Obviously, I DID NOT like what was going on in /aa. And I felt other people didn`t like it as well, which is why I created this suggestion. And I`m not enforcing the admins to accept my suggestion by placing a revolver right next to their brain. Before asking people to check out my suggestion, first think I said was that I don`t mind a Negative.
    And I`m happy that majority of people do find my suggestion admirable, rest is up to the admins since they know a lot better^^
    I`m no troll :3 Trust me, this was my last choice and I tried to avoid this statement so as to not sound rude. But hey, if you yourself admit that it is the internet and being straight forward is your own way of living, then I can adopt it as well. I`ve gone through your comments on previous topics as well and yes, your comments are rude and cause drama. And I`m sure few people around agree to it. I am always ready to take criticism on a suggestion, if 1) It is countered in a polite way 2) If I actually feel that it I am wrong
    I`m glad I`m not your friend, though. I have a few people out there who truly love me and I am fine with them. You join, kill, comment on some other topic, cause drama, provoke, leave. That`s the right order :D
    By reputation, I mean as a person and not as a DMer. I don`t see what`s wrong with the second sentence, it`s pretty much explainable.
    It`s called "sarcasm"
    Idk about others but you`re doing a huge favor on me, trust me. I`m in a safe zone for now.
    I`m repeating it to be kind enough, a quality which you don`t have :3 And maybe you`d have it implemented in you by watching me do it? lol.
    That what I said.
    Nope, disagreeing isn`t shitposting. Don`t you see I`m speaking in your favor? lol. Okay so, I am basically gonna counter everything since you`re doing the same. It was actually an interesting debate for me before you took it to a whole new level of argument, something you`re known to do. Reputation means self respect.
    See, you call my replies "Shitty troll responses" now should I write a certificate to prove how big of a drama maker you are? Quit it for once, @Luna. Won`t work on me.
    You tried well, and I appreciate. Thank you for your votes. Again, I prefer being straight forward and going personal is to only help you understand some things.
    This is a suggestion thread but you managed to convert it into a drama as well, like you`ve been doing everytime.
    And for your /duel thing, it proves so as to who ACTUALLY needs to grow up. From a forum suggestion, you shift it to a drama, and then to an in-game duel. Btw I did send you a duel invite when you were in-game, you ignored both the invite and my pm :c Goodnight :3

20. Luna

Luna Best DMer

other than the first 3 posts you've been trying to start problems, how is it not?
    this is what i mean... lol

because you read it that way...?

wtf? your post literally says in /aa....

if you don't mind it then why didn't you give a valid argument instead of bringing up irrelevant things into a suggestion thread?

not really but this doesn't have to do anything with the suggestion

i came in and gave valid responses, you did take it wrong. i didn't say it was a "shit" suggestion. i said why it wouldn't work because your basing it on your experience instead of the server as a whole.

so you had to lie? this proves my point. but this has nothing to do with the suggestion

since i don't know anyone here or vice versa, so there is no reputation. I'm a DMer, nothing else and nothing more. but again this has nothing to do with the suggestion. this is about drive-by not about me

cool, but this has nothing to do with the suggestion

then stay ontopic

and i've actually noticed and needs to stay as a suggestion.

uhh... no? you started it with irrelevant information.

nope, google it

proves my point.

you did, not me. you didn't like how i responded to your suggestion.

since it started because of DM, settling it in /duel is the most mature way. it doesn't prove anything. /duel and both sides have nothing to say afterward.
    instead of wasting each others time on forum. but this has nothing to do with the suggestion

not sure where the drama is, settling it in duel is the most fair way possible. but this has nothing to do with the suggestion

should've said something on chat then. there is no incoming PM sound. i'll be ingame then

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.