Commodore Amiga A500 restoration thread

Discussion in 'Gaming, Consoles, and Computers' started by Droodle, Feb 6, 2015.

1. Droodle

Droodle No

So , i finally got my hands on the old Commodore i used to play with more than 10 years ago :D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I wonder what kind of jack that is.. At first i thought it was a VGA input , but i was wrong.
    The bad thing is that i dont have the cable that connects from the amiga to the display , but ill figure something out. If i dont find it ill look up the pinout and make my own cable

So , let the restoration begin !

2. Zeyo

Zeyo Administrator Staff Member

It's an RS-232 serial port. You can connect peripherals (mice, keyboard, ...) and other stuff like it.

Good luck with restoration.

3. Droodle

Droodle No

Hvala roki

Since i lost the original power supply , i figured that i would have to make my own for the amiga , but when i googled the power pinouts i realised that an old pc PSU will do just fine
    ( 5v , 12v )

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 6, 2015
    Zeyo likes this.
  4. Droodle

Droodle No

Okay , so lets proceed with cleaning the amiga

I first removed all of the buttons from the keyboard and cleaned them one by one
    Its pretty interesting how each single button on the keyboard has its own spring

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

While i was cleaning i noticed this little panel that can be removed.. so as you may guess i went ahead and removed it and found something that looks like a memory extension or whatever

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Aaaand after a lot of wd-40 , rubbing , cleaning .. TA DA!

Last edited: Feb 6, 2015